Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Last One

This class was one of my all time favorites. The class provided me with the opportunity to study the wonderful cyber world. I think by understanding the difference between face to face conversations and on-line conversation can help individuals become better communicators.
In the beginning I was kind of lost in what was going on. Although I had a Google account I had no idea how to make a blog or anything of this nature. After creating my blog and realizing how easy it was I begin to post weekly. Posting blogs was kind of scary at first because I’m not to comfortable with people reading my writings. As a couple weeks went by and I received a few replies under my blog I became a lot more comfortable with posting my writings on line.

The assigned posts that we had to write on were some good ideas. My favorite assignment had to be the one in which I was able to join an online family. I got a thrill out of this. I had always read on the site but never thought about actually joining it. This course provided me with the opportunity to join the online community that I had been interested in.

Another assignment that I was pleased with occurred during week four. I got a chance to write two letters to two influential people in my life. This assignment provided me with the opportunity to write to two former coaches of mine. I think this was the perfect assignment for me. It provided me with the opportunity to express my appreciation to both my high school and college coach. These two men have helped shape me into the football player and person that I am today. The assignment was easy to relate to for the simple fact one coach was living in the same town as I was and the other was down in California. I emailed the coach down in California and sent my coach in Corvallis a hand written letter.

The assignment that really didn’t sit well with me was the research paper. I don’t mind researching a topic but the fact that I had to put aside my lazy ways and go to the library and used the book catalog was frustrating. It was the first time of my college experience that I used the catalog thing. This was frustrating because I’m used to doing my research on-line or with books I own.

This class was my favorite this term and I hope it’s taught again.

No comments: