As the term comes to an end, students are required to write out or answer evaluations sheets in efforts of providing feedback to the instructor. I typically stay away from the evaluations because I don’t think my opinion really matters in a sense of how a class is structured. I have accepted my role as a student and realized that it is the instructor who shapes and organizes a class. There are some classes I will love and some classes I will hate, but as a student I must still put the necessary effort in to each class in effort of achieving a good grade and actually getting something out of the class.
As for this class, I think it was structure pretty well. There are always things that are talked about in class in which I have no interest in. The topic in this class that I had a hard time talking about was politics. Personally it’s a dead subject, I feel as if every political figure is saying the same thing. These political figures always seem to have the right answer in how our country should be ran, yet there are still tons of problems within our country. Enough of about politics. The required readings for this class were kind of out dated. This was a pop culture class and the readings were from the 90’s. It was sort of difficult to tie the two together.
Now to the positives of the class. I think the activities were amazing. Starting out by eating pizza in the class was something I have never experienced. The activity that required us all to take out are cellular devices was kind of scary. I had no clue what was the purpose of us taking out are cellular phone. I thought Dr. Goodnow had something up here sleeves, you never know with the Dr.
As far as discussions, I think the biggest class discussion was about fashion. I think the discussion drew so much attention because we all come from different places and have our own unique fashion. It was nice to see pretty much the whole class involved in the discussion defending the fashion of their choice. There is not enough time and space for me to continue to talk about my loving of the blogs assignments.
The blogs assignments were a good change up for me. I was able to write letters to thank you letters to family members. I also got a chance to see where all my money was going when we had to document our expenses during the first couple of weeks.
Overall the class was pretty good. Although, I didn’t have the most enjoyable time reading the material, I think Dr. Goodnow did a very good job of explaining the readings and relating them to the discussions in class. Dr. Goodnow may have done an exceptional job running the class, but it was having class at Clods that made this class one of the best class ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment